[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2015: brainstorming ideas suitable for beginners?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Feb 24 05:08:18 CET 2015

Andrew Stuart writes:

 > I am currently associating users, not addresses with these
 > permissions, so your suggestion is compatible with my stuff.

+1 on associating users with permissions (plus the validation Barry
recommends).

 > site owner does sound more appropriate than server owner.

Users think of "site" as being nearly synonymous with "domain",
though.  I don't think we should use "site" in a different way, that
would confuse them.

There should be a way to contact the actual operator of the host,
which I think of as "hostmaster" or "server owner".

Steve