[Mailman-Developers] MIME footers

Murray S. Kucherawy superuser at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:26:36 CET 2015

Hi there,

A while back I introduced an experimental draft about DKIM signature
generation that's sensitive to MIME structure.  I'm planning to revisit and
maybe even implement this to get some experimentation going.  It would help
guide the design work if I knew this:

How does, or how would, Mailman add a footer to a MIME message?  My guess
is that it would make a multipart that contains the original message
(message/rfc822) as one part and the footer as a text/plain in a second
part, but that's purely a guess.  Equally important: What would it do to
sign a message that's not MIME to begin with?  Could it be compelled to
turn it into a MIME message, perhaps treating the original as a single-part
text/plain message and doing the same wrapping I described?

Thanks,
-MSK