[Mailman-Developers] MM3 REST API testing [was: Python 3]

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Jan 6 04:30:02 CET 2015

On Jan 04, 2015, at 10:06 AM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

>Are the HTTP responses going to be the same between runs and between systems?

Yes, they should be.  If you think about it, GETs are supposed to be
idempotent, so those won't change (even the etags) between requests.  As it
turns out, if replayed in the same order they were recorded (which I think is
guaranteed by a full tox run via nose2, as my mailman.client branch adds),
then even non-idempotent requests will have the same responses.

>How deep are the comparisons of the HTTP responses?  Are you thinking of
>doing byte level comparisions of the entire response data, including headers
>etc?

I know that vcr has some support for tweaking the match between requests and
very deeply.

Cheers,