[Mailman-Developers] installation problems blocking a new developer

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at panix.com
Tue Jan 20 17:38:51 CET 2015

Hi all! Thank you for your IRC help and for merging several of my
patches. :)

I'm running into installation problems with Mailman and mailman.client .
The Mailman core one, I can work around, but the client bug is stopping
me from getting a running dev environment so I can fix bugs in Postorius:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1411435
after initial install, master runner crashes when config file is missing

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman.client/+bug/1411653
Installation fails because of bdist_egg

I've been improving
http://wiki.mailman.psf.io/DEV/A%205%20minute%20guide%20to%20get%20the%20Mailman%20web%20UI%20running
as I go, and have gotten help from /src/mailman/docs/START.rst and the
branch
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~raj-abhilash1/mailman/docs/view/head:/src/mailman/docs/WebUIin5.rst
. But I am a bit at sea here, and stuck on this bdist_egg problem.

Thanks,
Sumana
--
Sumana Harihareswara