[Mailman-Developers] Introductory mail

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:49:09 CET 2015

Hi Pranjal!

On Thursday 22 January 2015 12:58 PM, Pranjal Yadav wrote:
> Hello
>
>          I'm a programming enthusiast and recently started working in
> python about 6 months back, I have had experience in cryptography and many
> machine learning techniques. I started reading about mailman few weeks back
> and I have setup a local and server dev env successfully.
>
>          I also learned about previous year's GSOC project and I can see
> mailman core is already ported to ver 3.4 however potorius / hyperkitty /
> mailman.client needs to be done. Also test suite would be interesting work
> to couple with all this. I would like to know if these 2 projects can be
> coupled for this year's work or not?

It is not decided yet, but it is expected that postorius and hyperkitty
would be ported to be bilingual by this year's pycon. I suggest you look
for other project, the list on the wiki will be updated soon.

>           Apart from that I also found few bugs while setting up env which
> was mainly due to (var) folder creation while running mailman server from
> different locatin serving various instances. It seems unless I do it from
> path/to/mailman it returns an error. I will go through the code in over
> next few weeks and till then I can expect a reply for above projects.

The var folder creation in the currect directory is a design pattern
built for developers. So if mailman does not see any working instance of
itself in the current directory it starts a new instance with `var`
directory in the new location. You can change this behavior in
mailman.cfg, look src/mailman/config/mailman.cfg for [paths.*] sections.

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj