[Mailman-Developers] is_server_owner set to true regardless of value posted

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sun Jul 12 18:08:21 CEST 2015

On Jul 12, 2015, at 03:20 PM, Andrew Stuart wrote:

>As far as I can tell, when creating users, if the is_server_owner field is
>provided in the POST data, then it will always be set to true.

This is a straight up bug.  In src/mailman/rest/users.py, in CREATION_FIELDS,
is_server_owner converts using bool, but non-empty strings are always true.
It should be as_boolean, which comes from lazr.config and interprets only
certain string values as true (e.g. 'yes', 'true') and everything else as
false.

Should be an easy fix.  Care to submit a bug report?  It's an easy fix for
anyone who wants to contribute a little merge request.  It will have to be
fixed on both the master and release-3.0 branches, but I'm happy to back port
a fix from master.

Cheers,