[Mailman-Developers] New name needed for authenticating proxy server

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au
Fri Jul 17 04:26:32 CEST 2015

"Authenticating Proxy Server" - such a catchy and inspiring name.

Barry has suggested and I heartily agree that we should solicit ideas from the Mailman community for a better name for it.

Your prize will be the great honour of a heartfelt “thanks!”

Anyone at all welcome to submit ideas.

Stephen Turnbull has suggested:
"For the authentication service, does the cuckoo have any natural enemies?  Or we could call it some variation on "Cliff Stoll". :-) Or maybe "Barbarian Gate" (from the cover of Cheswick & Bellovin)."

as