[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 Error & some questions

Krinetzki, Stephan Krinetzki at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 30 07:54:49 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am planning to migrate from mailman 2.1.14 to mailman 3. At the moment

mailman 3 is running on a new CentOS 7 server with postfix as MTA. But I

have some questions and problems:

1. I have an error with hyperkitty

ERROR 2015-07-29 08:11:02,287 update_index 7216 140406344681280 Failed to

update the fulltext index: 'Command' object has no attribute 'commit'

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File

"/opt/mailman/mailman-bundler/eggs/HyperKitty-1.0.1-py2.7.egg/hyperkitty/job

s/update_index.py", line 58, in execute

    update_index()

  File

"/opt/mailman/mailman-bundler/eggs/HyperKitty-1.0.1-py2.7.egg/hyperkitty/sea

rch_indexes.py", line 73, in update_index

    update_cmd.update_backend("hyperkitty", "default")

  File

"/opt/mailman/mailman-bundler/eggs/django_haystack-2.4.0-py2.7.egg/haystack/

management/commands/update_index.py", line 233, in update_backend

    do_update(backend, index, qs, start, end, total,

verbosity=self.verbosity, commit=self.commit)

AttributeError: 'Command' object has no attribute 'commit'

As far as I can tell, there is an error with the haystack indexing of

archived mails. But how to fix this? I'm clueless.

2. In mailman 2, I've created a list and added a new owner. Then the owner

get an email, with his password and a link to the admin page of the list.

How does this work in mailman3? If I create an list in mailman3 and set the

owner, then the email address is the owner, but he isn't noticed. So what

steps are needed to get an password for the new owner and admin of the list?

3. Is it possible to get Shibboleth ( <https://www.shibboleth.net>
https://www.shibboleth.net) working

with mailman3?

4. The link in the welcome mail to the info page of the list is wrong. It