[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Newbie

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Wed Mar 4 09:18:50 CET 2015

On 2015-03-03 11:25 PM, Prudhvee Narasimha Sadha wrote:
> Hi,
>        I'm prudhvee, I'm interested in contributing to GNU Mailman and
> GSoC, I have good skills in programming, but new to python. Currently,
> I'm learning Python language.I had gone through the bugs page to
> choose a newbie bug, nut I'm unable to choose an easy bug to fix. Can
> you please help me by giving a basic newbie bug. I would like to work
> on it.

One of the bugs I've been recommending to people is this one:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/postorius/+bug/1414352

To work on that bug, what you need to do is create a new test for our
test suite that tests something that hasn't been tested yet.  It's a
nice bug because we can repeat it over and over quite a few times, so
you don't have to worry too much about someone else fixing it while
you're working on it.  :)

But if that doesn't appeal to you, try looking through the queues for
bugs marked "easy" or "beginner-friendly"

Postorius:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/postorius/+bugs?field.tag=beginner-friendly

Mailman:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bugs?field.tag=easy

And I can't remember the link for Hyperkitty, so hopefully someone else
can chime in with that one.

Good luck!

  Terri