[Mailman-Developers] Query regarding plugin integration with mailman3

Aanand Shekhar Roy 2013001 at iiitdmj.ac.in
Thu Mar 5 10:29:44 CET 2015

Thanks for throwing light on the idea and pointing the issues with it

> I'm not sure this is "big enough" to be a GSoC project (Mark or Barry
> would have better judgment), but it's much more likely to be useful
> and could be applied to your desired application.

I am planning to propose at least 2 ideas for plug-ins as my short term
goal for gsoc period (one of them I have already discussed extensively is
Banned word plug-in, which was also then added to the wiki page of idea
lists) and then if the time allows I will work on others like "Timed
Vacation", since I am willing to contribute to mailman even after Gsoc .
Is that ok or do i increase or decrease the no. ? Though it depends more
on the complexity of my idea but since every setting we make in mailman
needs to be reflected to web UI too so I guess it will be big enough for
Gsoc.

Since following up this idea wouldn't be as great. Can you guide on "Auto
moderation system for limiting posts on a particular thread posted by a
user"
Like first 5 post will reach immediately, later 5 will be after 1 hour
delay and so on.