[Mailman-Developers] How do I turn on/off moderation of subscription requests?

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au
Fri Mar 6 21:24:19 CET 2015

@barry - after digging around further I found Aurelien had the same question a while back

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.mailman.devel/19301

I also found a message from you in Dec 2014 (can’t find it now after a few minutes digging….ugh) saying that currently it’s not possible to create lists via the REST API that require moderator approval to subscribe.  I think it refered to the subpolicy branch https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/mailman/subpolicy

Currently if I subscribe a new user to a list via the REST API I don’t see their subscription come up as a held request in:

GET 3.0/lists/{VAR}/requests
POST 3.0/lists/{VAR}/requests/{VAR}
PATCH 3.0/lists/{VAR}/requests/{VAR}

I think this makes sense assuming the subpolicy functionality is not yet implemented.

Am I on the right track in understanding that its not possible right now to create a list and hold and moderate subscription requests (via REST)?

thanks

as