[Mailman-Developers] Discussion about Mailman plugins(GSOC 2015)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Mar 8 22:10:37 CET 2015

Prakash kumar writes:

 >    1. Using regex for filtering texts ( personal information eg: phone
 >    number, address ).

What do you mean by "filter"?  Stop or hold delivery, or "sanitize"
the message?  If the former, I would drop the motivation about
"personal" information, because body filtering is also desired for
spam-filtering and avoiding flame-war reasons.

 >    2. Checking type of files that can be attached to the mails. For eg:
 >    .exe not allowed.

This is right out as it's already implemented.

 >    3. If there are multiple attachments in the email
 >
 > If (multiple attachments) then
 > > for each attachment
 > >  if(not appropriate) then
 > >  discard
 > > notify sender that this part is removed from email body and why
 > > else
 > > continue

Also already done (except for the notification part.

 >  Is it big enough for a gsoc proposal?

I don't think writing multiple unrelated plugins is a good proposal.
AFAIK GSoC is intended to be a single project with enough scope to
require a certain amoung of design and planning.