[Mailman-Developers] SpamAssassin integration in mm3

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 9 21:32:53 CET 2015

On 03/09/2015 12:41 PM, Prakash kumar wrote:

> I want to work on the plugin for SpamAssassin integration in mm3. I have
> installed SpamAssassin.
> Do we need to add it as a rule in chains?
> I saw that SpamAssassin's code is in perl, so what type of integration is
> actually expected?

I'm not a GSoC mentor, so my opinion is not authoritative, but this is
much too small for a GSoC project.

See <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/266588> for a Mailman 2.1
handler that calls spamd to scan the mail and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558094> for a handler that looks
ad headers added by SpamAssassin running ahead of Mailman.