[Mailman-Developers] full anonymisation approach

Rashi Karanpuria 2013165 at iiitdmj.ac.in
Tue Mar 10 09:26:06 CET 2015

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
> It's really not possible.  You have proposed an implementation but not
> addressed the requirements issue.  In software engineering "correct
> design" means "the implementation will satisfy the requirements", but
> I still don't really understand what problem you are trying to solve,
> let alone whether it's really important.

Motivation of an anonymous list:
Need of such a list is to focus on discussing facts and ideas irrespective
of a person's identity. As identities always come in between personal
views. For eg, social stigma may cause a person to accept an idea he/she
dosen't feel for or may not express what he/she feels is right.

In my opinion the requirements are:
1) Keeping list members anonymous from each other.
2) Not allowing any way out for revealing any one's identity except if the
user chooses to reveal it himself.
3) List admin knows everything going in the backstage, like who is who.

I have tried to analyze some possible use cases here
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-developers%40python.org/msg15189.html

Regards
Rashi