[Mailman-Developers] RES: Mailman error after restoring backup

jovino Borret jovino at uerj.br
Wed Mar 11 00:20:20 CET 2015

Thanks a lot Mark,

   I have found in the   /var/log/maillog   a lot of messages like this:

Mar 10 19:53:43 e-listas postfix/smtpd[2190]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
localhost[::1]: 554 5.7.1 <carlmari at fcm.unicamp.br>: Relay access denied;
from=<redenaus-l-bounces at e-listas.uerj.br> to=<carlmari at fcm.unicamp.br>
proto=ESMTP helo=<e-listas.uerj.br>

Mar 10 19:53:45 e-listas postfix/smtpd[2190]: too many errors after RCPT
from localhost[::1]
Mar 10 19:53:45 e-listas postfix/smtpd[2190]: disconnect from localhost[::1]
Mar 10 19:53:45 e-listas postfix/smtpd[2190]: connect from localhost[::1]

I think mailman is assembling the message with errors. So, Postfix is
rejecting it.

As I have said before, after restoring the image from virtual machine
(machine crashed yesterday), I have restored all files from my daily backup
of yesterday (/var/lib/mailman,
/usr/lib/mailman and /var/spool).

All file of /etc directory that Mailman needs is up to date, too.

I have started Postfix first and then Mailman.

As I have already said, Postfix is working fine, I am sure.

I found Mailman version 2.1.12 in the file
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Version.py

I don´t know if there is a command like a flush or reset in the queues of
Mailman in order to put it to work properly.

Maybe I should not restore /var/spool of the system or queues of Mailman and
consider all of them lost, maybe.

Even so,  thanks a lot for your help.