[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 2015 Projects

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 06:10:26 CET 2015

Hi Alangi,

On 12 March 2015 at 01:07, Alangi Derick <alangiderick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I am Alangi Derick Ndimnain, a third year student in the department of
> computer engineering, University of Buea, Cameroon. This means i am from
> Africa and Cameroon to be precise. I am very pleased to share with you what
> i have concerning this years GSoC 2015.
>     Going through the list one more time, i have finally decided on what
> projects to work on. Looking at the idea list of Mailman:
> http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015, i have found two
> topics/ideas that i want to work on this summer.
>     The Project titles are:
> -* GitHub/development tools integration*
> - *Subscriber profile pages*
>   First of all, i will like to know which task among this two is really
> crucial that needs to be implemented in mailman. Secondly, i will like the
> mentors of these two projects to reply me this mail so that i can know a
> way forward and start working on the project with my mentors at once.
>    I am currently on the irc channel: #mailman and my irc nick is: d3r1ck.
> I will like to talk with Florian, Terri, Aurelian who are mentors on these
> projects to reply me this mail so that i can choose one of the projects and
> start working.

First of all you should get started with setting up your development
environment,
and then proceed to fixing some (atleast 1) bug for the application process.

There has been discussions going on between the mentors and other applicants
about the project you mentioned above. Please read through the archives of this
mailing-list and you'd find a lot of material to proceed on.

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj