[Mailman-Developers] Contributing to GNU Mailman (GSOC '15)

Ankush Jindal jindal.ankush95 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 02:38:56 CET 2015

Hi Sir,

I am Ankush Jindal, pursuing Computer Science from IIT Mandi, India. I have
hands on with both python and javascript. I would definitely want to work
this summer for GNU Mailman.

I however, would like to suggest a modified version of already proposed
project(s). I went through 16 Brainstorm Ideas For Mailman’s Web Interface
<http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2012/03/13/mailman-brainstorm/> and I thought of
integrating point 6, 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14.

That is, I am picturing mailman with-

A) User Profile (
http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015#Subscriber_profile_pages
)

B) Admin Page (
http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015#A_Dashboard_for_Admins.2FOwners.2FModerators
)

C) Give more UX controls to the mail list like timeline, metadata, user and
post filtering and anonymous posting (
http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015#Anonymous_lists, this
could be a stretch goal)

However, I have a little hesitation that I am a little late in discussing
the project and I am really sorry for it. I promise to make it up to you,
if you could advise me some particular warm-up tasks or some other exercise
that you require from me, given the time-frame, I would be more than happy
to do so.

Do give remarks to this bunch of projects. Looking forward to it.

-Ankush Jindal
Student, IIT Mandi, India
Phone: +91-9805901195
Github: travis-bickle