[Mailman-Developers] Regarding Subscriber profile pages project

Ashish Kumar coolyashish at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:06:14 CET 2015

Hi,
I have asked about it on the systers irc and I got a good response from the
team there. They shared a link with me which contains a lot of good points
to discuss about. http://systers.org/systers-dev/doku.php/good_to_know

1. Use of different email addresses - so called aliases - for sending
emails: This is a good point as a user perspective. We will give user an
option to save an email address and out of the entered email address we
will ask which email address he/she want to use for sending email. I think
we can extend this feature for moderators and owners too.

2. Dynamic list: It is also another idea for subscribers. It allows the
subscribers of a list to create new threads or conversations in the list.
Each subscriber can choose to get or not to get new conversations as well
as to (un)subscribe from/to the conversations as well and not just to the
entire list. To send emails to a dlist, subscribers have to add +new in the
email address and they can also add a name for the new
conversation.[Reference : Above link]

3. There is also a feature about essay. The essay feature can be enabled by
the list creator when creating the list, and at the same time the list
creator can choose which questions to ask. The default when enabling this
feature are the questions used for the Systers maillist but by simply
editing the field with the questions the list creator can choose to have
other questions instead. [ Reference : Above link]

I have a doubt if essay feature can be part of subscriber's profile page. I
want more inputs/feedback about all these points if these can be integral
part of my proposal.

Thank you
Ashish Kumar
IIIT Hyderabad