[Mailman-Developers] Invitation to "adopt pytest month"

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au
Thu Mar 19 23:55:30 CET 2015

I’m working on a large project closely related to Mailman and I use pietist currently for my 700 tests.

On 20 Mar 2015, at 8:57 am, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am a contributor to the testing library pytest, and in April we are
holding "adopt pytest month". We are inviting open source projects who
are interested in possibly taking up pytest, to be paired with
experienced pytest users, who can help them convert and write tests,
and show ways to make the most of pytest. More info here:
https://pytest.org/latest/adopt.html

Pytest tests typically require much less boilerplate and feel more
"Pythonic" than unittest style tests, and there are also 100+ plugins
available, as well as many API hooks for writing your own
customisations. (Although, it can run unittest style tests by default,
as well as nose and doctests.) So... we think it's pretty cool and
have lots of volunteers eager to help spread the love.

This is a bit of a cold call email, so please excuse me for butting
in. It looks like everyone is quite busy preparing 3.0 and GSOC.
However if there is someone who would be interested in working with a
pytest volunteer on this...please let me know/sign up!

Thanks,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/