[Mailman-Developers] Common use case archiving via configuration

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Mar 24 04:13:36 CET 2015

Andrew Stuart writes:

 > So do you think it might make sense to just expand the range of
 > “working example archivers” i.e. like the “prototype” archiver
 > currently does, instead of trying to provide something that would
 > be a maintenance burden?

Yes, that sounds like an excellent plan to me.  If it becomes obvious
during design that there are substantial commonalities across a number
of concrete archivers, then the design can be refactored to generalize
at that stage.  Otherwise, let's just build them, see if people use
them and if commonalities appear later the refactoring could be a GSoC
project.

 > That way people can see the archivers, can use them if they want
 > but they’re just examples that can be used as a starting point, not
 > designed to meet all needs.

Exactly!