[Mailman-Developers] GSoC 15 - Interested in contributing to Hyperkitty

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Mar 26 06:45:55 CET 2015

David Udelson writes:
 > My proposal has been updated. I apologize if I breached mailing-list
 > ediquette, I'll get the hang of this eventually :)

No etiquette problem.  Those are my personal views about effective use
of the mailing list and Melange, respectively.  I suspect from past
experience my views reflect those of other mentors and mailman
developers pretty well, but if they don't, I'm sure they'll speak up. :-)

There's no doubt about updating Melange from your point of view: we
mentors are human, we get a ton of mail (Melange pings us on every
change to any proposal in our org, and several of us are org admins
increasing the mail signficiantly), and mail is easy to drop on the
floor unless you deal with it completely immediately.  Unfortunately,
we do that.

OTOH, in theory you proposal document on Melange can always reflect
your best efforts in one place, and we won't miss it. ;-)