[Mailman-Developers] mailman 3.0 roadmap, feature-parity with mailman 2.x and documentation

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sat May 2 03:39:54 CEST 2015

On Apr 29, 2015, at 08:53 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>That's wrong. I was conflating Mailman and Python Releases. Mailman 3.0
>nominally requires Python 2.7 and Python 3.4. It may run with earlier
>Python 3.x releases, but no guarantees and probably not as old as 3.0 or
>even 3.1 in any case.

Nobody should be using Python 3 earlier than 3.2 for *anything* :), but the
core probably will not work on Pythons earlier than 3.4.  I haven't tested it,
but I suspect we're using some newer standard library modules.

As we go forward, I hope we'll get some CI in place.  Even after Python 3.5 is
released I'd like to support 3.4 as a minimum version.

Cheers,