[Mailman-Developers] Storing extra data during pipeline processing

Juraj Variny rini17 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 22:51:30 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am adapting the GPG patch for mailman 2.1.x for our project and want to gather
some related data in Approve and Scrubber handlers and use them in the archiver.
Can you please advise me how to attach some metadata to a message to use it in
later stages?

Also noticed Scrubber being called multiple times per message (from normal pipeline,
from digester, from archiver). I want to verify GPG signatures of the attachments in
scrubber and redoing it multiple time is wasteful of system resources, I want  to attach
some metadata after the first checking to prevent it, too.

I have tried already to use msgdata parameter or adding headers to message itself,
but was not successful so far. I was thinking about adding external database and
putting the data there by message ID, but sure there must be a better way? I hope to
publish the code some day, too.

Juraj