[Mailman-Developers] Please add multipart/signed to DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Nov 18 10:00:15 EST 2015

On Nov 18, 2015, at 01:35 PM, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:

>I wasn't able to find a Defaults.py on the Mailman3 tarballs.
>Neither an alternative config file with this default.
>
>Where are the defaults of Mailman 3 specified?

System-wide defaults in MM3 are specified in ini-style .cfg files, but that's
somewhat irrelevant to this case.

>Has the default for DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES changed?

Actually, there aren't any default pass or filter types on the mailing list
objects currently, although if a list is migrated from MM2, the filters are
ported over.

When a mailing list is created, a 'style' is applied.  An implementation
strategy would be to add the pass and filter types to a style.  Probably
BasicOperation class in src/mailman/styles/base.py.  Or refactor the
filter/pass stuff into a separate style class which can be composed in the
LegacyDefaultStyle class.  Extra points for adding the defaults to the
schema.cfg file.

If you want to submit a bug against MM3, please have it say something like
"add MIME pass and filter types to the default list styles".

Cheers,