[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 production setup testbed

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Tue Nov 24 10:32:41 EST 2015

Hi Guys,

I am a MM3 newbie coming from MM 2.1.  I use Debian as my distro of choice.  I am trying to follow the docs at:
http://mailman-bundler.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
I want to set up as a production environment, the idea is we will be getting people used to the MM3 interface and ways of working before we eventually migrate when 3.1 becomes available.  I would have posted this to the users list, but recent traffic on there regarding MM 3.0 has been redirected to the dev list.

My confusion relates to the virtual environment that I create.  I am running from the dedicated MM3 user I created, and I am looking to expand the bundler from the user’s home directory in /home (for example).  When I create the virtual environment, the files are all held in this directory, and I really want the MM3 to be installed system wide as this will be the only program running on this machine.  Do I even need to create a virtual environment at all?  Are there any other guides relating to setting up MM3 for a purely production environment with minimal dependencies?

Thanks,
Andrew.