[Mailman-Developers] Mozilla funding opportunity for Mailman work

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Oct 27 18:52:21 EDT 2015

On Oct 26, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:

>Mozilla
>https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/10/23/mozilla-launches-open-source-su
>pport-program/ has just announced that it wants to "identify up to 10
>projects we rely on and can fund in a thoughtful, meaningful way by December
>12th". They use Mailman and if we can identify useful ways they can spend
>that money to advance Mailman's development and usefulness to them (e.g.,
>paying for someone's time to get packaging or localization to a better
>state), I'd be happy to take point on organizing that proposal.

I noticed that Mailman is on their list, although they haven't identified a
Mozilla contact person for us:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Projects_in_use_by_Mozilla

I think it would be very interesting for us to apply, although I'd like to
know what they are interested in getting out of Mailman (presumably v3).  What
would *we* like to do that we can't do because of resources?

Ideas very welcome.

Cheers,