[Mailman-Developers] Migration of header_filter_rules

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Sep 10 18:18:12 CEST 2015

Aurelien Bompard writes:

 > Hmm, do you think so? I would have thought that list settings
 > should take precedence, since they are the most precise. A list
 > could decide to not filter the spam and deal with it in their own
 > manner (holding it instead of discarding it).

That makes sense when list-owner == site-owner.  However, a list which
is misconfigured or just doesn't care can hurt the reputation of the
whole site.  Also, there are the emergency cases that Barry mentioned,
where you want to flip one switch and turn the lights out for spam.

So maybe there should be "site defaults" which list owners can
override, and "site configurations" which are final.

Steve