[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2016

Aditya Divekar adityadivekar03 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 03:56:56 EST 2016

Hello Stephen,
I had earlier contacted you on the developer
mailing list regarding the gsoc project.
I have started reading about ARC as you suggested and have thought
about a few things.
When we use mailman, the mailing list service adds an extra phrase in
the subject - [Mailman-Developers] and an extra footer in the mail
giving links about the FAQ, archives and the security policy. This
alters the original subject and the body of the mail that the sender
sent in the first place. According to my knowledge, this is what might
cause the mail to be rejected by yahoo, aol, or other p=reject policy
domains.
Thus implementing ARC would involve including the ARC authentication
result header, the signature and the seal in every mail that Mailman
receives before it forwards it in the mailing list. This would
probably involve using the pydkim, gs.dmarc and pyspf libraries for
verification before we generate the ARC authentication results.
As a starter I think I should understand how the dkim,dmarc and spf
authentication processes are coded.
could you tell me how to find existing code where I can read and
understand how the authentication methods are implemented?
Thanks!

Aditya.