[Mailman-Developers] Discussion On Project Idea "Preset List Settings Templates" .

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:17:52 EST 2016

On 02/10/2016 10:03 AM, Harshit Bansal wrote:
> Hi Abhilash,
> In our previous discussion you mentioned that :
>
>> Permissions should also consider if the user wants to make his new style
>> public or keep it private. And should public styles be editable by
>> anyone or just read-only?
>
> I am unable to think of a use case in which it will be useful to have
> private styles.. Can you please suggest a suitable use case?

Well, i agree there is nothing "private" in list styles. We could just
make all styles read-only for everyone. But if someone wants to use the
style created by other users, it would be better idea to first make them
copy the style so that the behavior or their list doesn't change when
the owner changes the style.

Barry: If you have some time, I would like to hear some of your thoughts
on this thread? I believe you have some ideas of your own on how this is
supposed to work.

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj