[Mailman-Developers] ARC module implementation [was: GSOC 2016]

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Feb 17 08:35:36 EST 2016

Aditya Divekar writes:

 > I have read through the dkimpy library functions and it seems that the code
 > needs to be modified to generate the ARC headers, and I have started making
 > some changes.

I don't think it's a great idea to change the dkimpy library if you
can avoid it.  The design I had in mind would add a file for
performing ARC operations such as generating fields, and for dkimpy to
simply provide the functions for generating the signatures.

This probably requires some refactoring of dkimpy.  It might also
require generalizing the canonicalization functions to handle the
ARC-specific field sets if there are any hard-coded headers in the
DKIM code.  You might also look at the alternatives to see if they are
better factored for this purpose.

 > I have hosted the code at github here.
 > <https://github.com/adityadivekar03/dkimpy>,

I haven't done cross-host work before, but you will surely need a
gitlab account eventually to file the merge request.

I will try to take a look at the code over the weekend.  I did want to
make the comments on the factoring of the code ASAP, before you do too
much work.