[Mailman-Developers] Need help in installing Mailman3

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:45:36 EST 2016

Hi Sourav,

On 02/28/2016 01:42 PM, Saurav Kumar wrote:
> I​ want to install Mailman in a custom directory, rather than using ​
> ​"user ​
> ​site-package" directory which is default when using install without any
> extra parameter.
> I'm not able to use the -d and install-dir parameter. Please guide me what
> i'm doing wrong

What do you mean by a custom directory? By default, setuptools is
configured to install packages in a particular directory on each linux
distribution (probably on OSX and Windows too, not sure about that.

However, if you want to setup mailman (or any python package) for
development, you can try 'python setup.py develop' instead of install.

> Thanks
> Saurav

thanks,
Abhilash Raj