[Mailman-Developers] Dropping Persona

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jan 29 12:50:06 EST 2016

Simon Hanna writes:

 > I propose using the django authentication system by default and
 > making it easy for people to add other authentication methods.

I think we should provide social auth (OAuth2 or whatever Google and
Yahoo! do) by default.  At least as I recall the discussion at the
sprints a couple years ago, we picked Persona because a Mozilla person
gave us a lot of help with the implementation, but we really wanted
social auth because users demand it and because it allows us to get
out of the business of storing and securing passwords.