[Mailman-Developers] GSOC 2016 - Contribution in Mailman

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:26:48 EST 2016

Hi Sanjana,

On 03/04/2016 12:07 AM, Sanjana Garg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Sanjana Garg, a third year undergraduate in the Department of Computer
> Science and Engineering in IIT Kanpur. I am interesting in taking up the
> project "Preset list setting templates".

Welcome!

As I have pointed students before to an older ongoing discussion on this
particular topic, I am gonna do the same for you. Here[1] is the link
for the thread that has been going on. You can go through the discussion
and let me know if you have questions or new ideas regarding anything.

> I am proficient in python. It would be great if someone could guide me for
> the intial tasks required for the same.

The GSoC wiki page talks extensively about how to get started with
setting up your development environment and working on some (at least
one for application) issues. Links to appropriate documentation and
issue trackers are also provided.

[1]:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-developers%40python.org/msg16023.html

> Thanks