[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Developters] GSoC support

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 03:29:05 EST 2016

Hi,

Please try to always include -developers list in all discussions related
to GSoC, unless it is something very personal that you want to ask or
discuss with the mentors.

Second, try to use formal English for all communications on this channel
(First letter capital). It is important that you learn that very first
before we go down working on the problems related to programming.

On 03/06/2016 12:19 AM, amil shanaka wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you for your reply. other than that can we use any open source
> packages like netty and what prototype do we need to implement regarding
> pub/sub .. MQTT or AMQP ?

The idea is to make a common interface that can use any messaging
back-end that does the Job. I guess MQTT is meant for high latency and
unreliable network, not much of our use case, so AMQP should be more
relevant. However, I am not very aware about the current trends in the
message passing and pub/sub models out there right now.

It would be your job to choose the framework that you think is best for
the purpose, after you have clearly define the *purpose*. And the
explain why you chose it over other alternatives.

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj