[Mailman-Developers] Interested in the GSoC idea 'GitLab/development tools integration'

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Fri Mar 11 08:35:25 EST 2016

On 03/11/2016 10:54 AM, Wasim Thabraze wrote:
> Hi Abhilash,
>
> So the tool can be anything like web based thing, a module or a plugin?! Am
> I thinking wrong?
>
> Before I can propose a way, I need your help in knowing more about the
> project.
>
> 1. Can anyone use it or only the admin?
I guess a good choice would be moderators or owners.
> 2. The input to the tool is a thread from a mailing list. But how does the
> tool actually take a thread from a mailing list? Hyperkitty?
I guess Hyperkitty is a good place to put it in. The core functionality will (should) probably be
reusable anyway.
> 3. Are there any such tools in the software world that are more or less
> doing similar work? (This query would help me in getting a clear cut idea
> of the project.)
You will have to use gitlab/hub apis. There should be python libraries to do that. There are some
projects that create github issues out of email. Not sure if they are open source though...

> Can you please give more information about the query #2?! Or can point me
> to any links that would help me in getting a brief idea.
In the end it really depends on what you want to do...