[Mailman-Developers] Need more information about the GSoC idea 'GitLab/development tools integration'

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 12 17:33:20 EST 2016

On 03/12/2016 01:44 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

> The normal definition of the 'Thread' is a chain of message linked by
>
> Every email message has a unique Reference-Id: header to identify it.

Richard's answer is generally good, but the name of the header is
Message-Id:, not Reference-Id:

The definitive reference on threading is
<https://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html>

Some mail clients (mostly Microsoft ones I think) put a Thread-Index:
header in messages, but for various reasons this is not useful for
determining threading on an email list with posts from many sources.