[Mailman-Developers] Basic workflow of the ARC implementation

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sun Mar 13 08:01:53 EDT 2016

Aditya Divekar writes:

 > >  > 4. ARC Authentication Result - arc verification code completed. tests
 > >  > passed. merge request created.
 > >
 > > How do you propose to create tests for #4?
 > >

 > Here, we could consider a few scenarios-
 > 1. A message is passed to the function which does not have any previous ARC
 > headers. In this case the verification is not performed.
 > 2. A message containing a valid ARC chain is passed to the
 >    function.

The problem is how do you get such a message?  The easiest way is if
you have implemented the creation functions for the ARC-* fields.

Then you can check that you can roundtrip your own fields (create and
verify).  Of course you will eventually need to test against other
implementations (currently Google and AOL have implementations that I
know of), but for now it makes sense to "eat your own dogfood".

Regards,