[Mailman-Developers] Gsoc Support for Message queue based email archiver

Florian Fuchs f at florianfuchs.com
Tue Mar 15 05:30:49 EDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 16:22:25PM +0530, Anirudh Dahiya wrote:
>Hello
>I am a computer scrience undergrad at IIIT-Hyderabad, India.
>
>I was looking through the GSoC 2016 ideas and would like to know more about
>the project "message queue based email archiver"

Great to hear you're interested in this project. I've just responded to
another question regarding this project that is equally relevant to you:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-developers%40python.org/msg16305.html

>I have played with codebase of mailman and postorius for some time now and
>am currently trying to understand how Hyperkitty works.
>Also, as suggested to other students regarding this project, I have gone
>through the chapter on mailman in the book The Architecture of Open Source
>Applications, the pycon talk on mailman by Barry and have also gone through
>relevant parts of the documentation.

Sounds good. If you're already reading through the HyperKitty source, you
might give special attention to its implementation of Mailman's IArchiver
interface, as well as the implementations for the mail-archive.com and
mhonarc archivers in the Mailman core projects.

Florian