[Mailman-Developers] Pushing branch to origin

Harshit Bansal harshitbansal2015 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 05:37:02 EDT 2016

Hi Vinay,

On 3/19/16, Vinay Mundada <vinaymundada27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> git remote -v gives me this:
> origin git at gitlab.com:mailman/postorius.git (fetch)
> origin git at gitlab.com:mailman/postorius.git (push)
>
> But I have followed the exact steps while doing the setup.

Instead of cloning from your fork(as mentioned in the guide), you seem
to have cloned from Mailman project's master branch.

> So now to what do I change my remote name to?

You can perform these steps:
1: Rename origin to upstream.(git rename origin upstream)
2: Add new remote origin.(git remote add origin
git at gitlab.com:<username>/mailmam.git)(If you want then you can copy
exact SSH url from your fork's GitLab page.)
3: Push your branch to origin.(git push origin <branch_name>
4: Create a Merge Request.

 Hope it helps.

Regards,
Harshit Bansal.