[Mailman-Developers] GitLab/development tools integration GSoC Participaring

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Mar 24 14:34:12 EDT 2016

Nosikov Konstantin writes:

 > Hello, I am from Russia, Saints Petersbutg, ITMO University
 > I am interested in Mailman project

Welcome!

 > GitLab/development tools integration
 > What do I need to do to get started? Is there any special points in
 > proposal to be mentioned?

I'm not going to be mentoring the project and don't have a grasp of
requirements, but I can offer the following generic advice.

For project details, you should check the archives of
mailman-developers for the last 2 months.  It has been mentioned
frequently.

If you have not registered with summerofcode.withgoogle.com and
submitted a proposal, I advise you to do something quickly.  While I
do not expect it to crash, that has happened in the past, and Google
has never extended the application period due to system problems.  It
is also much easier to give you help if you provide us with a document
that we can read and comment on.  Don't forget to enable comments on
the document.  As far as I know only mentors can see it, so globally
enabling comments should be safe.

Steve