[Mailman-Developers] mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 31 10:36:39 EDT 2016

On 3/31/16 7:09 AM, Christian Schoepplein wrote:

> I'm also a beginner with mailman 3 and absolutely no python expert
> :-(. To be honest it is not easy to understand the full procedure of
> installation of all needed components for mm3, at least if you like to
> install not the mailman_bundler package. There are so many sites with
> documentation and it is not easy to find out what is the right one. A
> step to step guide to install all components, which also beginners or
> not python programmers do understand,  would be great. Maybe there is
> some kind of such a guide, but I haven't found it. And if it is not, I'd
> like to help to create such a guide, but I'd need support from people
> with mor knowledge of python and all the things which are needed.

I feel your pain.

>>   This issue on gitlab is probably the same as the one you are facing.
>>   The fix recommended is the installation of falcon 0.3.0.1 or 0.3
>>   [1]https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/issues/122#note_4509503
>
> If I understand it correctly, I already have a newer version of falcon
> installed:
>
> root at mm3:/opt/mailman-bundler# find . -name *falcon*
> ./venv-3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packages/falcon
> ./venv-3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packages/falcon-1.0.0rc1-py3.4.egg-info
> ./venv-3.4/bin/falcon-bench
> root at mm3:/opt/mailman-bundler#

We are not yet compatible with falcon 1.0, see
<https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/20>.

You need to find where in your installation falcon 0.3 is installed and
replace the falcon 1.0 things in venv-3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packages
with symlinks to the corresponding falcon 0.3 directories.