[Mailman-Developers] Systers Mailman3

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Thu May 12 10:43:08 EDT 2016

On 05/12/2016 01:06 PM, ADITI GUPTA wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Aditi Gupta. I got selected for GSoC'16 Systers Mailman Project.
Congrats.
> I cloned systers repositories of mailman3, mailmanclient, postorius and
> hyperkitty from github.
Their versions are OLD! It doesn't look like they contain any changes.
You should consider creating forks on gitlab so you can keep up to date
and submit merge requests once in a while.
> Also, I cloned the postorius_standalone and
> hyperkitty_standalone from gitlab for testing purposes.
postorius_standalone and hyperkitty_standalone are synced with their
respective repositories on gitlab. They don't care about versions and
releases (for now, maybe for ever). You shouldn't use them with anything
other than the master branches of the gitlab repos.
> On running setup.py
> in postorius_standalone , I am getting deprecation warning because
> postorius of systers is using older version of Django.
There is nothing to install in postorius_standalone. It doesn't even
contain a setup.py
Also if they are using an older version of django there is nothing we
can do about it. We are currently supporting what django supports. That
is versions 1.8 and 1.9. All other versions are considered insecure!
I don't think anyone will support you with any forks of the main
repository. You should follow the official wiki and adhere to it, if you
want people here to help you.
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Home
The setup instructions is probably what you are looking for
https://wiki.list.org/DEV/SetupDevEnvironment
> Also,I am getting "ImportError: No module named middleware".
Use the latest versions, and if you still run into issues, I'll help you
work them out. (You might want to try the irc first to see if someone is
available)
> This is the traceback : http://pastebin.com/D1c4XCHe
Screenshots are pretty useless FYI. :-)

Simon