[Mailman-Developers] Camera-ready option to mitigate DMARC issues

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 6 13:48:06 EST 2016

On 11/06/2016 09:58 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:

> Camera-ready is cleaner than anything I have heard till now.
> Probably it is not workable, but I cannot understand why.  It works well
> in several publishing environments, typically journals, which distribute
> templates to authors.  Why can't it work for mailing lists?

Mailing lists are different. They are subject to attack from spammers
and others which is different from the environments you are looking at.

I don't think your suggestions are workable. If you were to submit an
actual implementation, we could evaluate it's specific feasibility, but
in the absence of that, I won't spend time looking for flaws in
something that doesn't exist.

Note that Mailman lists can already be configured to make no DKIM
signature breaking modifications to messages. Most lists are not
configured that way because the modifications, which go beyond the
simple addition of a footer or a subject prefix, are desired by the list.