[Mailman-Developers] PGP support for MM3
mailman at with-h.at
Fri Nov 18 10:26:48 EST 2016
I'd like to see PGP support for MM3 but I thought it might be a little
to early to file an issue.
My original motivation was a setup of a full encrypted mailing list.
I'm well aware of the fact that it provides not the security a full
end-to-end encrypted communication provides, but for some people
(including me) it is an acceptable compromise.
Encrypted mailing for groups of people is still a mess in 2016:
* Either the group is relatively static or you never encrypt the mail
for all people.
* All members need to know each other. And you need the keys of all
the other members.
So far for the motivation. Below there are some initial thoughts:
**Treat mail differently based on their signing status:**
1. Whether it has a signature or not.
2. Whether the signature is valid or not.
3. Whether the signing key matches the key of the list member.
**Treat mail differently based on their encryption status**
Whether it is encrypted or not.
1. A public key per list.
2. Signing of outgoing mails with that list key.
3. Encryption of outgoing mails with that list key.
4. Send a mail with the lists public key on request.
Which one of these points a worth an implementation?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Mailman-Developers