[Mailman-Developers] Hyperkitty 1.0.3 doesn't have add_user_to_mailman function

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 27 15:22:58 EDT 2016

On 10/27/2016 11:55 AM, Leon wrote:
> Latest mailman-bundle, Hyperkitty==1.0.3, python-social-auth==0.2.21.
>
> https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman-bundler/blob/master/mailman_web/production.py#L243
> https://gitlab.com/mailman/hyperkitty/blob/master/hyperkitty/lib/mailman.py
>
> Im trying to implement a custom authentication backend by following a
> tutorial. In the tutorial, the
> version of hyperkitty is actually 1.0.4, and the whole thing works well.
> However, it didn't work on top of 1.0.3. I can find this function in
> commit 1755122c
> https://gitlab.com/mailman/hyperkitty/commit/1755122c708abc96933142ca77dd0ff72feef056

HyperKitty and Postorius have switched from using Persona and SocialAuth
to using Django Allauth. Mailman bundler is not yet compatible with
this. at a minimum you need to also install django-mailman3 and make
config changes. See <https://wiki.list.org/x/17891998> for potentially
helpful stuff.

Also note, rather than posting a png screenshot of an error screen, it's
much better to just copy/paste the text.

And when mentioning that you are following a tutorial, it would help us
if you provide a link to it so we can see what it says.