[Mailman-Developers] Aspiring for GSoC

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Jan 6 15:02:17 EST 2017

On Jan 03, 2017, at 03:02 PM, Sayak Sen wrote:

>I've already setup the mailman components and started to contribute in some
>of the bugs in Postorius. But recently, I get to know that Mailman may not be
>accepting projects based on Postorius. So, In what other Mailman component I
>should try contributing. I know some web-development, Python and of course
>Django. And yeah! this is my first time with open-source contributions, So I
>would be obliged to get your help.

Welcome Sayak!

It's true, we haven't yet decided if we're going to participate in GSoC this
year, but we of course still would still welcome your contributions.  If
you're into web development, both Postorius and HyperKitty are great places to
start.  There's no web front-end work in the Core, but there's still
interesting things to do there.  I'm hoping that we're winding down toward a
3.1 release now though.

Cheers,