[Mailman-Developers] Telling Apache about Mailman Rest API

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 11 23:48:58 EDT 2017

On 07/11/2017 05:50 PM, Erin Test wrote:

> All of that being said I'm missing something in getting my basic setup finalized.  I have a web server (Apache) running and have installed mailman core.  When I try to access the REST API I get some variation of connection refused depending on what I'm using (python command line, curl, etc).  I'm feeling like apache doesn't know where to point port 8001, and I don't know what to tell it.

You really can't make use of the REST API via a web browser or through a
normal web server like Apache. Web browsers basically do HTTP GET and
can submit forms via HTTP POST. The REST API requires other HTTP methods
for full functionality and returns responses that are not particularly
human friendly and are definitely not HTML.

You should be able to access the core REST API via curl. See
<http://mailman.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/mailman/rest/docs/rest.html>
for more information.

> For the previous version of mailman you had to put and Alias and a Script Alias into the apache config.  I've seen some documentation about what to put in for Postorius, but haven't found anything for just mailman.

The rest API in Mailman core is not a web UI. That's what Postorius is for.