[Mailman-Developers] Click CLI branch

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Jul 20 16:56:24 EDT 2017

Just a quick note to mention that my big branch to adopt click for command line option parsing should now be done.

https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/292

This will close #319 and #346 and make adding new `mailman` subcommands much easier.  (We still need the bits to define additional search paths, and probably some better documentation that would be part of a general “Extending Mailman” section.)

Along the way I think I’ve made several other improvements, including (I hope!) reducing or eliminating the occasional hangs we see on CI, speeding up the test suite a bit, and making things more robust.

Please feel free to review it and play with it.  It’s finishing CI now but I’ll hold off on merging it for a day or two.  I’m especially interested to hear what Jan thinks for the plugin work he’s doing.

The big downside could be that because this is such a big change, existing MPs may have to be rebased.

It’s a big branch with lots of little sweater threads that took longer than I expected, but I should be done now, and I think it will be a good improvement to the code.

Cheers,