[Mailman-Developers] Breaking mailmanclient into seperate modules

Jan Jancar johny at neuromancer.sk
Wed Jun 7 19:18:54 EDT 2017

On 06/08/2017 12:18 AM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
> One thing that I wanted to announce before I start is breaking up
> mailmanclient
> from one giant module (src/mailmanclient/_client.py) to seperate class
> based
> modules. The current setup works but is huge (1300+ LOC) and that is ok
> for now,
> but I want to add docstrings to classes/methods and it would definitely
> make it
> too big!
>
> I would love to hear what others think about this.

Sure, I noticed that mailmanclient is strangely implemented in just one
large module while doing some MR's there. I think splitting it up is
definitely sensible. Considering the outstanding MR's, they should be
easy to rebase after the split as they don't "change" anything mostly
add stuff that will go to separate files after.

Cheers,
--
Jan
   /\  # PGP: 362056ADA8F2F4E421565EF87F4A448FE68F329D