[Mailman-Developers] Encrypted lists predictable difficulties and implementation needs

Jan Jancar johny at neuromancer.sk
Wed Mar 22 20:38:39 EDT 2017

On 03/22/2017 04:02 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Also references to existing knowledge would be appreciated, such as
> "zero knowledge" schemes that might allow untrusted root on Mailman
> host, and the various implementations like SELS that have been
> mentioned.

In my proposal [1 or 2], I concluded that a SELS like proxy encryption
scheme doesn't apply well to Mailman's existing infrastructure as well
as the stated requirements in the project idea.

-Jan

(Just to note, I have recently updated my proposal, make sure to have
the latest version)
[1]: https://neuromancer.sk/page/gsoc/mailman#technical-details
[2]: https://neuromancer.sk/static/mailman.pdf